Opel Astra (K) facelift

Opel Astra (K) facelift ascarissdesign

So in 2019, Opel released the facelifted Astra K and for me, I felt the facelift was a bit of a letdown. The Insignia for example received a much more substantial facelift to the front versus the outgoing model and I thought, why didn't the Astra get a new face as well?

So I suspect the PSA merger killed off any substantial facelift, with the new company deciding to rather invest in the new model on the EMP2 platform rather than adding new lights grill, etc. Sure there was a new bumper and a new grill insert, but otherwise it looked like the same car.

So in the render, I decided to give the car a new front, basically using the same design as the new Insignia. I tried to keep the changes as little as possible with regards to the hood as to save costs.

Comparison to the pre and post-facelift original.

Opel Astra K pre-facelift
Opel Astra K pre-facelift

Opel Astra K post-facelift
Opel Astra K post-facelift